I have recently realized that at the end of the day I don't really know or appreciate who affected my day. Even if my day could be put on my list of the worst days of my life, I still think that I still need to realize, who was the person who helped me get through it? If it was the best day of my life, who made it so?
I have never been one to keep a diary, but I have always tried, never succeeding, to make a journal of day-to-day events. For example: Every year for spring break my mom and I have gone down to Florida for the past thirteen years, and every year I start writing down what we did each day. By the time I got to the second or third day, I would forget to write our activities in my journal. How could I distinguish what happened in fifth grade from what happened in fourth? So that is what I want to do this summer, but I think that I am going to make things a little more interesting.
I have never been one to keep a diary, but I have always tried, never succeeding, to make a journal of day-to-day events. For example: Every year for spring break my mom and I have gone down to Florida for the past thirteen years, and every year I start writing down what we did each day. By the time I got to the second or third day, I would forget to write our activities in my journal. How could I distinguish what happened in fifth grade from what happened in fourth? So that is what I want to do this summer, but I think that I am going to make things a little more interesting.
Every day, through the months of July and August, I plan on taking a photo of the person who affected my day the most. I will then proceed to write a quick summary of how they influenced me. At the end of the summer I will have a good friend of mine help me to place all of it into a scrapbook, so I can look back at this summer and acknowledge who causes me to have an amazing summer. My break this year is going to be insanely busy, between dance workshops, my nationals trip to Orlando, and my trip to Boston, I'll have to keep my project in my mind even when I'm running from my hotel room to the stage or taking classes from master dance teachers (I can already hear myself saying, "Hi, can I take a photo with you? It's for my AP Lang Summer project..." and so on).
I plan on having an awesome time this summer, and hopefully by the end of August I will have sixty-two photos and descriptions of my experiences. I don't know why but this took only a few moments for me to come up with an idea that I liked and could work with. I hope that the rest of my soon to be classmates have as much fun with their projects as I hope to have with mine. I am going to need help with this, I can't make an epic summer by myself, and I'm glad to help anyone else if I can. :)
"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have." -Fredrick Keonig
Thats a good way of keeping a summer diary! I've always had trouble doing one because of lack of time or I simply forgot, but I think that you using specific people to highlight everyday will help your summer memories to last a lifetime. Good luck!
ReplyDelete