Monday, June 28, 2010

SAX ADVENTURE :))

Ok, so Loni here, well I decided on a kind of cool experiment for this summer project. I was a bit nervous to do this because of what people might think or that it wasn’t good but whatever, I like it and it is pretty cool. Plus it involves making some money over the summer and who doesn’t want that?

I’m going to play my saxophone at like random places around Waterford and the surrounding area. I’m sure you’ve seen street musicians and things like that but yeah that’s what I want to do. If you’ve ever been to the flea market there’s this guy who’s always playing the guitar there so that’s what I want to do and he’s not even that good so I’m not worried J no offense to him but just of what I’ve heard, he doesn’t seem that….skilled.

I’m going to play for regular donations which are going to be really cool because I would feel really cool for some reason. My “goal” for the end to collect as much money as I can from playing and take 50% and give it to a musical charity of some sorts. And then I’m going to take the other 50% and put it towards a new used car.
I’m thinking about play at a bunch of different places, I already have permission to play at the flea market, but I’m thinking about playing at the River Walk in Detroit and maybe like Downtown Ann Arbor and maybe in front of the L.A. CafĂ©? So that’s a few ideas that I have.

**I don’t really know of ay musical charities to donate money to if any one can help with that and I also would appreciate if anyone knew of any other semi populated areas that I could
play. **

4 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Tell us where you will be at so we can listen to you. About the charity, I think any organization would be happy to take your money (not to make them sound greedy, but it's true) but there are several nursing homes that would love to have you play for them. Good Luck and Play Well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.vh1savethemusic.com/ is a pretty large organization for putting music education in schools. You could also donate to our own PAVA center, you know we need all the support we can get with our wonder-foul school board members.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ocean! i'm def gonna check that out and yeah i'll tell where and when i'll play :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That'll be one heck of a cool adventure! You should do a duet with the Sax Man in Greektown, he's always playing cool stuff. :)

    One thing about Save the Music, I believe it only donates money to elementary schools. Depending on where you want the money to go, you'll have to research the music charities.

    ReplyDelete