Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Big Leap

So I have contemplated for the past couple of days on what to do for my project this summer. Every time I chose an idea, another one popped into my head. I am one of those people that want to do everything and feel it is necessary to do everything, but I have to make a decision and I think I'm making a decent one. I was debating between a project that involves charity work and a project that would benefit my upcoming basketball season. My project is going to be increasing my vertical jump for basketball, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up on donating my time to charity. I love making people smile and happy, so I will be doing that in my free time. Jumping higher is something I've always wanted to do and have been told I needed to do endless times and this seems like the perfect opportunity to do it.

To get things started I'm going to find an 8 week jump training program and try to get things going as soon as possible. I will be recording my weekly results/goals, sharing some new training techniques, and blogging about any exciting accomplishments. You may have heard the phrase "white girls can't jump", well I'm going to prove that phrase wrong. I know I have the potential and determination to complete this task, so I'm up for the challenge. My goal is to touch rim by the beginning of basketball season which starts in November. I realize that this is a huge goal, not to say a "Big Leap", but failure isn't intimidating me. If I successfully execute this task, not only will I be getting a grade, I believe my game will be brought up to a whole new level. I mean why have to worry about getting a shot blocked if I can just shoot over my opponent or have the luxury of being able to jump higher than a defender to grab the rebound. I'm excited and ready to get started. Good luck to everyone! :)
"You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." - Michael Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment