Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Ashley Shuell's Project

My summer project means a lot to me, I feel like I can be creative and free with it, and someone will appreciate it in the end and keep it for a very long while. I am poet, and a poet needs freedom and with this project this can happen instead of writing a 10 page essay about it in the end, thank you for granting such freedom to us students Mr.Wilson, I can speak for everyone, we are really grateful.

Oh! I am so happy I figured out my project idea and I cannot wait to start. My idea is making a book full of my poems and decorating it creatively, adding new poems maybe every other day,
binding the book myself, and giving it to a very special person. I am brainstorming on some ideas for each page, or maybe every other page. I will put pictures related to the poem in a creative fashion. Before that I need to figure out how to bind. My friend suggested a website(http://curiouslycrafty.wordpress.com/tutorials/) but first I need to get all of the materials.

I came up with this Ideas today actually with a friend who is also in AP LA. She is doing something similar but she can call it her own. Without her I would be doing another boring idea that wouldn't be fun with at all. In the end I think this will work out very well and I will be very proud of it. Luckily, I've been writing poems for the last 5 months so I already have things to work with. I am going re-read all of my poems and write down things that relate to it and how I can intertwine it together into my book. I am not much of an artist so there will not be to many drawings. When I am all done with this I plan on giving it to a special person. This person has not read any of my poems and has no Idea I am doing this so it will be a lovely surprise. This project is based on how much I trust this person and that I am willing to do this for them. All I can say I that I am in love.

2 comments:

  1. {: It's going to turn out wonderful Ashleyberry! I can already tell because you're so passionate about it (/person). :3 I'm so excited to see it!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for people who write poems:)!

    ReplyDelete