Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Project Idea

So basically for my summer I am going to do something to get me stronger and in better shape. Since I run track I thought it would be a good idea to work on running this summer so I can stay in shape over the offseason. Also this will teach me self reliance and perseverance. Since I run track getting strong and building endurance would help me run my races better. I think for my summer project I am going to build up my distance running and see if I can run a mile in 6 minutes or less. This is more to just measure whether or not I am in decent shape because I know already that if I can not run a mile in under 6 minutes I should be fairly close and it should not take much work to get to the six minute mile. I plan on doing this by starting by running 2 miles a day for the first week and then each week I will add a mile to each run. Hopefully by the end of the 8 weeks I will be able to run 10 miles or more. However one week I may feel the need to up the miles per run to give myself more of a challenge with this project. That would be why I put ten miles or more. I really want to see what my body is capable of. Also my track times should improve quite a bit after this project. I really do not want this project to be something I can just blow off because if I just blow it off then I will be in no better shape and will not be any stronger. I will track the distances by map questing the distance I am running. This is something that will keep me interested I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment