So, I've been going back and forth with different ideas of what summer project I would like best. I almost decided to build a hang out shed type of ordeal and even had asked people to help me out with it, but then I realised that would probably be a whole lot of money that I don't really want to spend. Then I got an even better idea, to look into my heritage and see what my family is really all about.
I decided on this idea because honestly I don't know a lot of my family seeing as my grandparents on both sides of my family were immigrants, and also I've only met (that I remember) my mom's parents. I do however know a great deal about my dad's parents, such as my grandma was from Germany and my grandpa was from Poland, they came to detriot after WWII, my grandpa was in concentration camps for four years! As far as we know, they had no living family after the war, but we're not entirely sure and that's one thing i'm going to look into.
On the other hand, both grandparents on my mother's side are French Canadian and lived in Canada for at least a little of their lives, though I don't know much about when they moved, though I'm pretty sure they didn't have any relatives move with them. I want to know when the first immigrants of my family came from France to Canada, hopefully I'll be able to figure it out.
To start everything off and kinda of document my summer I'm going to be making a family tree, though i'm not sure if i'm going to include all the divorced relatives -though I don't know how adopted cousins and all that would work out if I don't count them- I still have to figure that out. I'm going to include some letters (or copies of them at least) that my gandma wrote in her half english half german written letters, she was a funny woman. Also I'm going to have pictures of some relatives and of places I go, since I want to go to holocaust museums and also do some research on depression and suicide, to get to know who my family was a little better. I'm going to make a scrap book along with the family tree, which is hopefully going to end up on a hugee posterboard.
For this week I'm just going to do a rough draft of the family tree including all my knowledge without doing any furthur research. Also, I'm getting all the supplies I know I need as of the time being. Should be fun (:
No comments:
Post a Comment