Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Aspects of a Teenage Summer

Over the course of about a week, I'd brainstormed with my mom about what exactly was going to be my project idea. During our random times of idea conjuring I'd come up with not good ideas, but instead responses to ideas that I'd shot down. Things like: "No.", "Nahh.", "Nope.", "That's too hard.", "That's too predictable.", "Too boring.", "That doesn't interest me.", "Who do you think I am, Oprah?", "Are you kidding?", "Yeah right.", "That's already being done." But, by the grace of God, I'd finally rested on a project prompt I'm happy with.

I've always been a writer, and since the beginning of last school year, I have made up my mind about being one as a career. I thought, what better way to exercise my writing skills then to orchestrate a journalistic project. My plan is to observe and interview the different aspects of a teenage summer. Basically, common issues or behaviors teens often have during the summer that they don't have during the school year. For each aspect, I'll simply analyze the nature of it, develop an opinion about it, then go out and interview other people's opinion on the subject. Then I'll write a 300+ word story about the subject I've chosen and post it on this here blog.

I'm going to keep a journal, and carry it around with me everywhere. I'm hoping to accomplish eight legit, interesting and easily relate able story ideas by the end of the summer. And also I was to build a better understanding of why these "aspects" are they way they are, and other people's reactions to each particular subject.

By all means, comment and give me ideas. I'm desperate for your opinion.
Hey! Have a great summer.


Casey Miller

2 comments:

  1. Yay casey is acting like a nerdy writer again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to be back. And answer your comment after a month of being on this post.

    ReplyDelete