I was tossing around the idea of doing a social experiment for a few weeks after we got this project, but then I began thinking, would doing something like that become a treasured memory? Would I put my whole heart into it? The answer to both, I realized, was no. What I hope to accomplish this summer will be related to something that I've loved my entire life: music.
I'm a total classical music geek, and I've played viola for nearly seven years. The experiences I've had with orchestra have been absolutely amazing, and next year will be the big Disney trip for the music department, which I'm absolutely psyched for. I've come to realize that orchestra, and just music in general, is what gives my life happiness. Regardless of whatever stress has come from school or home, music has always been there. That’s why I've decided to make this summer about improving myself as a musician, and hopefully composing some of my own music along the way.
I'm going to be studying a high-level viola technique book and working on what I hope will be my senior solo/college audition piece. Progress will come in baby steps, but I want to achieve a higher level of performance, so it'll be worth it. Improving my viola skills will also help me to get ready for a potential Oakland Youth Orchestra audition, which may or may not fall through due to the high cost of tuition, time, etc. I'd very much like to be a part of it, so I'll be working hard to find a way for OYO to work out. I also would like to work on learning the basics of guitar. Its always interested me, so I'll give it a shot. Plus, I'd like to research music theory and try to write a string orchestral piece, and perhaps a quartet if there's time. They won't be of Beethoven's caliber, but it'll be a fun process trying to compose.
This won't be easy, but I hope that by the time school starts, I'll have had a very musical summer that made lots of memories.
✿ Elyse Komarzec ✿
♪♫ "Music is what emotions sound like."- Unknown ♪♫
I wish I would have thought of something so cool.. You have a fun summer ahead of you.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea. Best of luck! :)
Your other idea might have been more fun, but this one will be more usefull!! :)
ReplyDelete