Monday, June 21, 2010

Get In Shape

Finally, I have come up with a summer project I am happy with. The best part is that it’s a kill two birds with one stone kind of thing. I want to get in shape, and I need to do my AP project, so the simple solution is to do my AP project on my struggle (because it WILL be a struggle) to get in shape.

To help you understand my point of view as to why I want to get in shape, I’m giving you a little introduction to me. The first thing you need to know is that I used to play basketball so I was active a lot more than I am now. When I was still involved in basketball I actually ate more than I do now, but I was better in shape. Since I had to stop playing basketball, due to multiple injuries of my ankles and knees, I began eating less than I did while I was involved in sports. So, I eat less but I also exercise less, which has caused me to gain weight. My final solution is a summer workout plan and hopefully trying to modify my diet. I hate running but I am planning on pushing through and trying to get in shape and lose weight.

My goal is to lose 25 pounds throughout the summer (eight weeks of this project). I am hoping that by making this my AP summer project I will actually follow through with my plan. In reality, exercising does not interest me but being healthy is important. My blogs will be mostly about what I did that week to work toward my goal and how I am feeling physically, emotionally and mentally.

At the moment I am 175 pounds and to reach my goal weight of 150 pounds I have set up my idea exercise routine. I am going to make sure I do my routine a minimum of 3 times a week but my goal is to do it everyday. My workout routine is as follows:
1. Warm Up Stretch
2. Run 1 Mile
3. 1 sprint down my street
4. Cool down walk around my block
5. 35 Sit Ups
6. Cool Down Stretch

Finally, I want to try for 30 minutes of physical activity each day. This could include swimming, running, playing basketball, bike riding, and dancing. By seeing my summer project due I hope to accomplish a lower weight, healthier eating and exercise habits and to bring to my own attention how much better I can feel when I take care of my body. If anyone has any suggestions of anything else I could do to help reach my goal please let me know!

Hope everyone’s project goes well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment