Well I have been scrambling for the past week trying to decide on the perfect idea for a project, I wanted my project to mean something more to me than just a grade. So therefore my project will be based off a personal idea I was already working towards accomplishing this summer which was to come up with a effective plan to help me control my depression without pills. I have been battling depression for some time now, and have found that most anti-depression medicines are really not good for me. I'm also a firm believer in all natural healing so i have come up with a summer plan which consists of:
1. Working through the depression notebook(thank you Copeland)
2. Eating healthy and exercising probably help!! :)
3. Keeping a daily journal of my progress throughout the summer.
4. Daily meditation for twenty minutes.
5. Healing...
Along with this I will bind a book at the end of the summer showing my overall progress including pictures, journal entries, pieces out of the book, poems I enjoy and poems I have personally written. The poems will convey the raw picturesque person I hide inside, as well as the person I'm trying to find. Hopefully in the end I will treasure this summer as my closure and also the beginning of true healing.
"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life the aching, or cool one pain Or help one fainting robin, Unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain..." -Emily Dickinson
(The Depression Workbook by: Mary Ellen Copeland, M.S., M.A)
1. Working through the depression notebook(thank you Copeland)
2. Eating healthy and exercising probably help!! :)
3. Keeping a daily journal of my progress throughout the summer.
4. Daily meditation for twenty minutes.
5. Healing...
Along with this I will bind a book at the end of the summer showing my overall progress including pictures, journal entries, pieces out of the book, poems I enjoy and poems I have personally written. The poems will convey the raw picturesque person I hide inside, as well as the person I'm trying to find. Hopefully in the end I will treasure this summer as my closure and also the beginning of true healing.
"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life the aching, or cool one pain Or help one fainting robin, Unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain..." -Emily Dickinson
(The Depression Workbook by: Mary Ellen Copeland, M.S., M.A)
Depression is a very serious problem many people deal with. It's somthing that is difficult to over come but it isnt impossibul to find happiness within yourslef. Medicine is only a quick fix to the problem.
ReplyDeleteI wish you the best of luck! If you need someone to talk to im always availabul:)
-Melanie Caples
This is the bravest thing I think you can do. It's always hard to tell people that you suffer from depression and you're crazy strong to try and help yourself and not rely on medication. Your project is obviously meaningful to you and I bet it will be a great success. :) Much admiration. Support is always here. Good luck!
ReplyDelete-Kim Smallwood
Your determination to conquer depression is inspiring. By using mind over matter, you'll be able to heal much faster than if you were using medicine as a crutch. Good luck to you, I know you'll be able to kick depression out of your life for good.
ReplyDelete-Elyse Komarzec