Saturday, June 26, 2010

Decisions Decisions

So, before the summer had started I had this fantastic idea to study teen girls and guys and how they interact with different groups; family, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, people they don't know, and possibly people that have positions above them. But, the issue was, I didn't have a goal.
I then ditched the teen idea and went to getting a job. After running this by "the man", it was absolutly understandable that this didn't really work. I missed my teen idea, and I remembered how extremely excited I was for this project! So, this morning, I went into crazy brainstorm mode. After thinking about goals for this project I had finally found one! I have decided that by the end of summer, I will have an honest opinion of which teen group interacts better. My opinion will be proved with pictures and possibly videos and recordings.
I am very excited for this project! Though, I still need to decide whether I should study people I know, or people I don't know. The only risk with choosing people I don't know is they won't cooperate and think that I am strange if I simply randomly aproach them and ask to follow them, but the upside to doing strangers is that the final decision will be even more honest. I think I will try this with strangers, and if that fails (I absolutly hope it won't) I will go to the people that I do know.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar idea of doing a social experiment, but it lost its appeal once I thought about it more. Sounds like this will be much more doable, since its mostly research based.

    Setting one specific goal for the project will make it much easier. Think of what we did for Life in a Jar and how we wrote down what we thought it would help us learn. Knowing specifically what you wish to accomplish will save you from a lot of headaches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I went back and forth on the idea, and once I finally figured out the goal I became very excited for this project. I have always been intersted in people and how they act and wondering if it is based on their sex. I'm so glad this project is giving me a chance to investigate.

    ReplyDelete