Hey everyone, Alex here. I thought about doing a project involving sociology or psychology, but then I decided that wasn't something I would be really excited and interested in doing. So then I thought, what do I enjoy doing? The answer came pretty quickly: drumming. But, what would I do regarding drumming that I could document my progress while doing it. I thought for a little while, and a lot of ideas came to mind, but I decided to do something productive that could benefit the drumline. So I decided to write a drumline cadence. I'm not sure if it's going to be good enough to be performed, but, it's worth a shot.
I'm going to be doing different parts of the cadence each week. It would fit the timeline we have perfectly if I finish each instrument's part in two weeks each. However, it most likely won't be that simple, and different parts may take different amounts of time. But, I'll try to stay on the two week per part deadline as best as I can. If I'm lucky, there might even be time to try a second cadence if I can. Also during all this time, I'm going to be working on improving my skills and playing ability, so this will benefit me as well as the drumline.
That just about sums it all up. I'm not the most creative person in the world, so coming up with a cadence from scratch will take some work, but I'll be sure to try my best. I'm hoping this will all go over smoothly, but I will still plan on having time put aside just in case the unexpected happens, because that seems to be the case very often. I'm really excited to get started with it, and I'm also excited to see what everyone else is doing!
That Is Awesome! record yourself on each of the parts so we can hear how it goes. what types of drums will you be using? we all know you rock at percussion and I won't be surprised when your cadence shows up on homecoming field!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I'm going to be using basic drumline instruments: snare, bass, tenors, and cymbals. And yes, I'm either recording myself play it, or maybe use software that plays it.
ReplyDelete