Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Katie Sawyers project

Yes i too have been procrastinating and have been busy and such. I can't believe its almost July already, but i finally have found out what i want to do for my project. Since i'm very involved with sports usually year round it keeps me busy atleast two to three days a week plus weekends, so i decided that i would do my project about the sports that i'll be doing (softball and dance) over the next two months of summer.
I have been playing travel softball for 4 years now and my travel softball team starts early June and goes to the end of July, we only have weekend tournaments this year and usually practice two times a week so we're still busy and keep up with what we need to do to be a good team.
I also dance on the Kettering dance team (this is my third year on the team) and our practicing begins at the beginning of August with our three day camp where we learn the routines that we'll be perfoming for the season, then we begin practicing two days a week until school starts.
For my project i want to talk about how i improve each week and how hard i want to push myself to do better with all aspects of each sport such as hitting, fielding, leaping, turning, etc. I want to challenge myself each week to be better at each sport for the seasons coming up or current seasons. I also want to cover how well we improve as a team and how effort can be a big part of winning and losing or looking good together or just as individuals. I know that working with teams and by yourself are two different things but i think that by focusing on both it would make my project more interesting.
I wish everyone the best of luck on their projects over the summer:)

2 comments:

  1. What is your medium?
    Like: Are you putting all of this on a poster board or writing a journal about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. im writing a journal. i dont really have much i can put on a poster board for this

    ReplyDelete