Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Last Three Letters- Lilly's Project Idea.

For my summer project, I did not want to do something that seemed so dull,
and at the same time I didn't plan to save the world of starvation and an unending list of dilemmas that seemed impossible to accomplish. I thought of perhaps doing something which incorporated anything that I enjoy doing frequently.

My biggest passion is music. I love going to concerts, and in my opinion, there is no greater feeling than to be waiting outside of a venue for countless hours while band members walk in front of you preparing to set up for an amazing show. I cannot begin to describe the feeling of holding a musicians hand while he sings beautifully structured lyrics to the crowd. It's such a great connection to not only buy their music, but to get to know the musicians as a person after the show.

When I first started going to shows I was surprised at how willingly the musicians are to talk, and to even go out to eat with my friends and I. By now, it has become routine, the only difference is I never feel as if I had done it before. Every time I encounter this, it feels as if it is for the first time I am experiencing this. It's something I never plan to give up, until old age prevents me.

Although I would love my project to be specifically about concerts I will be attending throughout July and August, I feel as if it is not enough. After all, my summer isn't only made up of concerts. I thought it would be more idealistic to involve even more things I love spending my time on. These 'things' are in fact not things, but people. These people, are great friends of mine, whom i practically live with during summer. What I plan on doing is to write three letters to myself each week throughout July and August.

The letters will include the highs of my week. Basically, things that I did over the summer that I would like to look back upon and recall my thoughts, feelings, etc. My inspiration came from a song, titled 'The Last Three Letters', which is why I will be writing three letters to myself. These letters will go in a scrapbook, along with photos and pieces of my summer. By pieces, I mean, concert and movie tickets, stickers, wrist bands from amusement parks, and the list goes on. So far this summer has started off great, and hopefully by the time this is due, my scrapbook will be full of my actions and thoughts during summer.
Good luck on everyone's project :]
Love, Lilly.

2 comments:

  1. May I ask a question? why are you writing letters to yourself? i am under the impression that this is about remembering your summer and everyone in it. What if you wrote the letters to your friends about how they effect you and just made a copy of each for your scrap book? You could send the letters or just keep them if you felt embarrassed by them. I guess I don't entirely understand your project. You seem to know what you are doing, so all I can say is Good Luck. By the way, you have a pretty name. C=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, I think I may end up doing that. It seems like a better way to share what I've been doing over the summer with my friends and that way it goes in the scrapbook for me as well.
    Thank you for the recommendation, and compliment.
    :)

    ReplyDelete