Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My 2nd Post. Love, Hannah Long

Ok, one year later and I visited the cemetery for the fifth time. This stuff never gets easier. I realized some thing today. I'm really going to need A LOTTT of flowers! My friend remains in a small cemetery with at least 500 graves. The one that I have chosen is the one right next to the library and they are probably sporting over 1,000 graves. That's way over $3,000 for this. I know if I had more than this summer to complete this I might be able to raise enough but instead I'm taking someone's advice. I'm going to place a few flowers on each grave. I know it seems like I'm kinda bailing on my idea but it's practical. Also, for the last week I'm going with another idea, I'm going to accept donations for the last few days. My final day is going to be August 22, 2010. (ok, well this date may be flexible.) I'm determined to see this happen but I'm not in full control. It's a lot about word of mouth.
I used to see funerals and cemeteries as terrible places. Why would I want to remember them as this lifeless, cold person and then see this symbol of all of their greatness thrown into the ground for the those who aren't paying attention to walk over? That's a pessimistic view. I realized they are really a place to gather, laugh and love. Their death should be as colorful, if not more colorful, than life. It's something to fear but it's also something to respect. It will be a mystery until we experience it or even after that it might stay unknown. Death humbles the scientist and causes those of religion to question their God's decision. They just help you realize how short your life is. How close you are to losing it. They help you question how you are living your life. Today really hit hope when I looked over and read "Patrica O. 'Patty' [Born:] September 3, 1954. [Died:] June 16, 2009" She was born a year after my dad and now she's dead. It hits hard sometimes. A real eye opener. I don't have all that much to say anymore. After today I'm out of energy.
I have a contest for anyone with an eye for art. Email me a photo of your idea for my logo. It isn't that big of a deal but I still want some ideas. I can do lettering but I'd love to see others. Please put it on the email so when I open it I can see it. Attachments usually fail. Looks like my summer project is reaching out. But that's probably the idea behind it ;)

Email me at hbananaxblonde@aol.com for any personal questions or text me at 248-421-8978.

Thanks for reading.
Love,
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Oi, knorman, that didn't really make sense, considering the content of Hannah's post. Please put more thought into your comments. :(

    Hannah, I think your project sounds amazing. I'd like to help in any way I can, even if it's just helping you to come up with a logo. To that end, though, I'd like to know if you're still planning on using "Flowers for the Fallen" as your project's name? Just let me know and I'll get on it!

    Best of luck,
    Staicee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go with "Flowers for the Forgotten" Fallen can give people the idea that it is only for soliders, forgotten gives it the feeling that they don't have anything going. Thanks for looking into it. I just know I need help on this, I don't have the ability to get everything completed.

    ReplyDelete