Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Not to Shabby

Today is day 10 since I began and I feel great. Though tired, it is such a relieving feeling to be exercising it seems. I have been in my summer school gym class for a week and a half now and man do we get a good workout. We walk, or jog on the track for an hour, spend a minimum of a half hour stretching and working specific areas of the body, and go up to the weight center for an hour and workout with a partner every day. We also swim, or play some sort of sport each day.

Remember, not only am I working out on a regular basis, I am also attempting to eat healthier and adjust my diet. This is the more difficult part for me. Exercising and playing sports and different things has always been something I have enjoyed so that part of this isn't so bad. On the other hand I love food, which especially includes foods that are bad for us, making this part harder. I have done pretty well at keeping on track; I'm giving myself a little leeway for now since I have just begun, but only a little. I really wanted to eat a delicious bacon cheeseburger the other day, but instead had a marinated chicken salad with some pineapple. After eating it I felt so much better than what I usually do after a bacon cheeseburger, this is when I decided that maybe eating healthy wouldn't be so terrible.

I have even noticed a change in how my work clothes are fitting. I bought a new belt about a month ago and started on the middle hole; I then moved over one and had been on that hole for a couple weeks. I now am on the last hole and it isn't even tight enough anymore. =] Time for a new belt? Possibly.

I am glad I chose to do this.

P.s. Anyone else doing some sort of working out for their summer project want to maybe do some working out together at some point?

2 comments:

  1. If your belt is already starting to get too large and you have only made two posts, you will probably need a much smaller belt by the end of the year. Why don't you try cooking more of your own meals? That way you can keep an eye on everything you eat, unlike that cheeseburger that came from who knows where? okay I might be over obsessed with my own project, but if you want to be in charge of your health, you should pay close attention to what you are eating. Congratulations on our progress, Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you mentioned that you chose a healthier food over the more popular choice :) i'll be glad to work out with you on my days off dance!

    ReplyDelete