Monday, June 21, 2010

Project!

Ever since I heard of this project I've been freaking out because I could not think of one single thing that sounded like it could keep my interest for 3 months. I tend to start a lot of personal projects, get bored and then move on without ever finishing. But now I've finally come up with a project idea, yay! I was trying so hard to come up with something that really fascinates me and that i could put all my heart into.Yesterday I was just laying in the grass with my best friend and we were talking about how pretty the natural world was with all the people in it. The darker side occurred to me too, for every happy normal person there's someone less fortunate.
There's a lot of reasons why someone could be down on their luck, whether it's brought on themselves by addictions/bad life choices or circumstances were just not on their side like our economy and I hope to capture that and share it with the world (or possibly just the class hah).That's when I knew what I wanted my project to be about, because maybe someone will see what I've made and want to do their part to help. There might not even be one person that actually cares about what I'm doing but I think that when someone sees someones suffering straight from the streets it could really make an impact. In the project I want to incorporate real pictures of real people that I've taken who you can just tell are struggling to survive along with a new found love of writing poetry to tell their stories. This summer I will be traveling to many different places and I hope to expose how "the other half" really lives and compile all my findings into a scrapbook.

Hope it goes well, touching at least one person will be my goal.

1 comment:

  1. Das a good idea ;) I know what you mean, I just did my first post and i really have no clue where to begin on my project, its a lot harder then it seemed when i first thought of the idea haha. oh well good luck :)

    ReplyDelete