Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vlog-venture(?) (Video Blogging Adventure... or something... I guess.)

Knowing me, I of course procrastinated once again. I had many ideas lined up for this project but didn't pick one until today. I pretty much just had a really hard time choosing, but finally "fell in love" with my decision. Although it's not an entirely original idea, I can make it my own.

I got this idea thanks to my addiction on YouTube (sad, I know), but there is a man whom has kept a video journal for over 400 days straight without missing a day and I have come to really enjoy watching him live his life while I'm pathetically sitting here. He just shows what he does on a daily basis, but I'm going to sneak a peak into lives of other Waterford or local citizens while tying in bits and pieces of my own.

So everything is less complex, I'm basically going to be keeping a weekly video journal. My camera will become my new best friend, always handy in my pocket. I won't necessarily be interviewing citizens, but I will pick a topic or theme for each week and ask citizens about that topic. It will have to do with something local, of course. I really want to think of a clever title for this adventure, but have yet to do so.

I am a bad decision maker, so this also allows me to show other smaller goals that I may decide to do along the way. I really want to learn how to do a front flip for some odd reason, so that can be a little snippet every so often of my attempts.

I chose this project firstly because the idea just made me extremely eager to start right away, so I know that had to mean that it would keep my interest. Another thing is that it can sort of help me out by maybe making me to come out of my shell more if and when I talk to random people. It would be good for me. I also really love making videos and editing them.

This idea seems jumbled right now, but I'm sure that once i start and everything, I will be able to clear things up. As of right now, I don't even exactly know how all of this is going to play out, but that's just more fun then.

(If my display name isn't the correct format, I apologize. I've had this blog since last year and don't know how to change it.)

2 comments:

  1. Your project sounds great, but please tell me that you won't be putting this on youtube. I think this blog is safe, but there are too many pedophiles out there for youtube to be a good place to share your life's story. However the Idea of recording your day sounds like fun, be sure you always have enough batteries for your camera and spare memory cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, to change your name you have to go to your "dashboard" and then to "edit profile". It should be listed near the top.

    ReplyDelete