Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wizards vs. Vampires

I love Harry Potter, but it's not exactly easy to think of a HP-related project. For example, I can't learn how to fly around on a broomstick or anything because it's kind of impossible. If I tried anything like that I think it would be a little weird. So I mulled things over for a bit and decided that since I like to write, I can write a book on Harry Potter and what makes it so fantastic. (Honestly, I know it sounds like a boring project. But I've already done some research and it's actually pretty cool. For me. Probably no one else, but that's alright.) Then I thought, "I really hate Twilight. A lot. Maybe I should write about how terrible it is..." I didn't want to choose between the two, and since so many people try to compare Twilight to Harry Potter, I thought I would settle the debate once and for all! Or not. But at least everyone--or at least those who read it--will know my opinion on the matter. Which is very important to everyone, I'm sure. Because I'm always right. Just kidding :) Maybe.

I really don't know why I'm doing this specific project. It's going to be difficult writing both parts, but I guess I just don't like making decisions when I don't have to. I hope no one who loves Twilight is going to hate me for this, either. Please don't. Besides, the whole "HP fans vs. Twihards" debate is actually pretty amusing-- if anyone cares to look it up I strongly recommend they do so when they have ample time. Which means enough to mentally mock every person that uses the wrong form of
their/there/they're. (It happened quite often. Most frustrating.) Oh, and some of the people say funny things like, "The term Twitard is offensive to retarded people." I'm serious. Someone said that. I was just thinking Isn't the term 'retarded' offensive, too? But that's just me. There are countless websites devoted bashing Twilight or Harry Potter. People have too much time on their hands. Including me, since I sat there for almost an hour reading the posts. I was researching though, I have an excuse. It is so strange... I don't even know why people compare the two sagas? I mean I kind of understand, but I don't. Nevermind, that doesn't make sense. What I'm trying to say is the only thing they have in common is genre and mega-million-grossing movie counterparts... And I want to make it clear that I'm not comparing them to each other. I'm just explaining why Harry Potter is good, and why Twilight is not-so-good. Simple. Hopefully.

Anyways, I've officially started my research for a two-part book entitled
Wizards vs. Vampires. Maybe that will change. Part one will most likely be "Unveiling the Genius Behind the Wizarding World of Harry Potter", or maybe a shorter title that doesn't take four breaths to say... And the second part will be "Twilight: Why it Sucks".

I'm reading all of the HP and Twilight books and taking notes along the way. I'm researching all of the myths and history, reading critiques, watching the movies, and I'm not sure what else. Well, here I go!




13 comments:

  1. That sounds like lots of fun! I lean a little more towards Twilight so I am curious to hear your opinion on it. You should post some little quotes and excerpts on here for us to read! I'll be glad to give you MY opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the funnest project everrr! I'm very proud of you and your hate of Twilight. You're standing up for all the HP fans out there now. Good luck, and God speed! Can't wait for more posts. It's bound to be interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me help you out with twilight

    1.vampires dont sparkle,they burst into flames

    2.vamps arent all hot guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is avtually a really interesting project idea. I'm really interested in how this works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely reading your book when it's done! I always hated how much attention Twilight got, then I read the books and now I'm a devoted fan til death haha
    Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Harry Potter but I'd certainly be happy to argue with you all day about how Twilight is sooo much better:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!

    Haha, I don't think I thought this through entirely. I'm way too opinionated. I just love love love Harry Potter. Maybe I'll come around with Twilight... Who knows? Well, I know. I won't. But dissension will only make this more interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's an awesome project idea! I will admit I was a total Twitard but I have seen the errors of my ways (even though I still like it a little bit). I have to agree that Harry Potter is much better in general, not to mention what fantastic writing and imagination it took to crate them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you, Harry Potter! Your project sounds like a lot of fun. Isn't there a way to make a poll on Wiggio? you should question us all on what we like better! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wiggio DOES have a polling function. I haven't ever used it, but you're welcome to give it a shot!

    -BW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just made one and sent it out! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-twilight-fans-vampire-addiction-affecting-relationships.html

    http://www.lookfantastic.com/beauty/twilight/gifts-and-packs/luna-twilight-team-edward-gift-set.html

    I have a question about the second link... is this meant for men or women?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That article is hilarious! & I think it's for a girl... Maybe... I think it's for enticing vampires or something? :) That is so weird. Who would buy that?!

    ReplyDelete