I was so proud last time I blogged. I had a ton of positivity and now... I'm back to where I was. I haven't been exercising at all. Since last blog I might have gone to the gym...once?
Before, I thought the reason I don't exercise was lack of motivation. I still think that could be part of my problem but I'm not sure it's the whole problem. After thinking about it a lot I realized that the reason I don't exercise is pretty simple. I forget. No, I don't forget that I have a project to do or that I'm trying to get in shape, it just escapes my mind. Throughout the day, i get caught up in my routines and events that by the time I remember to exercise I'm laying in bed trying to go to sleep. When I finally figured this out, it didn't really surprise me at all. I'm not the kind of kid who forgets their homework all the time or anything, but I forget things like, turning off the sink for instance.
I can honestly say that I don't think I have put all the effort could have or should have into my project to get in shape. It is very important to me but I didn't keep bugging myself to just get outside and run. I have found it pretty easy to alter my diet which I thought would be the harder part, rather than exercising. So, throughout my project I have noticed I've surprised myself in both positive and negative ways.
Looking into the future, I think it is important that I continue my project, maybe by recording in a journal of my own to encourage myself to continue, that's not quite the right word, exercising. Being healthy is important all year round and not just when you do a project on it. I hope that I will finally get myself into the habit of exercising rather than just whenever I remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment