So I'm going to go back in time and think about how I was as a hostess at the beginning of this summer. hmmmm.... I would get things for people, but only when they asked me, instead of me asking them if they need anything. I depended mostly on my parents, and now I do way more pitching in. I clean up before and after and I pay attention to everyone. I also offer to pay for things when we go to 7 11 or something (even if I secretly hope that I don't have to). I love making the people who come to my house happy, when people come over they should be relaxed and not worry about anything but having a good time. This school year, I plan to have study groups at my house, so, even once summer is over, I can continue trying to be a good hostess.
This summer I thought about this project all the time, everywhere I went I was thinking of it. Every gathering I went to I studied the host/hostess. In everything I do I can learn more about being a good hostess, especially in my job. I've actually learned soo much at the good old kaleidoscoops, I've only been there two days. It's actually really fun, serving people ice cream and making smoothies and shakes and such. Of course we can't tell the customer that they can't have what they ordered, we have to get it and make it good. My job just helps me with learning to be a hostess.
These days I even want to help out more at my friends house.... but that might change after a while. I know this project will stay with me... and all of its stress that it caused with in my brain. Besides the stress, I will remember the breakouts that I had... oh, and the things that I learned. I was more excited about this project at the beginning of the year than the end, but it was pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment