School tomorrow!! I'm really starting to prioritise everything I need to get done! Today I woke up early and practiced piano, but I realized that it is a holiday weekend and I don't have lessons today! So I put some headphones in and went for a walk :) Now there is only so much more I can blog about because eight blogs is a lot to talk about your life story, well when it comes to music at least. I am really excited for this year in choir, I know that every year brings new things, so I am hoping for a lot of new experiences. Number one, I want to try to get a good roll in the musical, I am not sure what we are doing this year, but I am excited. I was in the musical last year as a nun, it was fun but I felt like going to all of those practices for such a small part was a waist. I want to put myself out there and be noticed, I don't want to stand on the side lines anymore. The next thing that I have planned for this year is to sing for more games. I mentioned how I sang for a lot of the games in middle school, I loved doing that so I was kind of disappointed last year that I only sang for one hockey game. So this year will be different, I don't want to stand back and watch everybody else accomplish amazing things, I want to be that person that somebody else looks up to and decides they want to move up.
Singing isn't just about performing for me, I want to perform and, don't get me wrong, I love the compliments from the audience. Singing is so much more, I love to do it, I always have. when I get up to sing the thrill that over comes the anxiety is what I search for. Mrs. Harness, our choir director has inspired me so much, she told me that if you come down from singing thinking that you could have done better then you might as well have not gone up at all. Performing is about having fun and just doing your best, not to have any regrets. I have gone up and sang many times and come down thinking great I sucked I could have done better, its a natural thing to criticise yourself, its been said that you are your worst critic. But ever since Mrs. Harness told me that I have realized that coming down and regretting how I did wont change the fact that I sucked. So now when I perform I get up and sing the best that I can. If I think that I suck then I never regret it, I just vowed to do better next time. Last year, at the pops concert, it was the very last concert of the year and I had a small solo part in this ridiculous girls ensemble that all the chamber choir girls had to sing. I was so nervous, I hadn't practiced it a lot and there was so many people listening to me that I thought were way better at singing then I am. So I got up to sing, my solo part came and I started off pitch I couldn't hear the back ground music, it was basically a mess. I was almost in tears the rest of the night, but afterwards people kept telling me I did good and I realized I sang the best I could have and nobody could hate me for that. The next day we listened to the concert on a recording, everybody lied to me, I really blew it, but oh well, I couldn't change what I had already sang. So my life went on, like it always has. Singing is my real passion I will never regret how I do it.
Well, I have one more blog and then I am done, wish me luck with everything else!
No comments:
Post a Comment