Second blog in about 10 minutes, stupid actions of a procrastinator. So the title might have lied, I'm not entirely done. But I'm pretty much there. I've just about finished Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and unlike a lot of what I've read this summer, I actually liked it. I can't exactly put my finger on a main concept of how my project and Kingsolver's are related, but there are many just baby details of it. The whole concept of self reliance is very empowering. And I really liked how she pointed out a lot of the government and industry interferences that just messed with the farmers heads and sent them spiraling down. I think that's giant. I myself love to criticize the government for so much that's going wrong, especially now with our economy heading in the definite wrong direction and so many failed plans to help it. Now I'm not saying it's to blame for everything that's ever gone haywire, especially with the subject I tried to expose this summer. There's a few pages on homeless veterans, which was particularly upsetting. The fact that someone who has given so much to fight for us and doesn't even have a house or food disgusts me. In AVM, with the approval of the gov't there's an uprising industry of mass produced and cheap food that leads to farmers losing business and some even lost everything because of it. To be honest, that was about all I could find. There were many values portrayed through out the novel that definitely got to me, making me want to better myself as well. She even inspired me to want to start eating better (though well see where that goes hah.) I'm actually really upset that school starts tomorrow, I mean I'm all for learning and everything I'm just not a fan of getting up at 530 every morning. It feels like this summers gone by way to fast and that's a little depressing but what can you do. I'll always have my memories, well until I'm old and crazy and I guess that will have to get me through a school year. But anyways I'm really happy I got to do this project and read about everyone else's ( which by the way were very good, everyone's!) and i will see you all tomorrow:))))))
No comments:
Post a Comment