Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Last Blog, First Day!

The first day of school, a day I have been dreading, yet I feel so relieved. This is my very last blog, I don't have to stress about this any longer. As much as this was supposed to be fun, and a new experience, it was still more stressful all around. Today was the first day back to choir, its weird but I felt a sort of happiness being with everybody again. Chamber choir has been like a family and it was so fun to see everybody again, and to see how well we blended with the new members. We gave three new freshmen and several older new members so everybody who is in their second, third, or fourth year was concerned about how good we were going to sound. Today class was short so we only had time for one warms up. From what I heard we sounded pretty good together. I am very excited to actually start singing. I haven't had voice lessons in a while, so I feel little out of practice.
I am hopefully having voice lessons this Friday at four, that is the usual time, I will have to rush from school to get there. I have not scheduled my time for piano lessons during the school year, I am going to try and get that done tomorrow. I want to stick with piano, I was doubtful on whether I wanted to or not, but my voice teacher told me if I have a background in piano and voice then I will have a good chance for a Michigan State scholarship! So I am pretty excited. Today was a very usual first day of school, the regular bustle of new freshmen looking for their class, the frustration at attempting to make it through the halls and still be on time for class. The whole time I was thinking how fast high school was going to go for the freshmen because it seems like just yesterday I was a freshmen. Now I am a junior, worrying about college and passing my AP classes. The whole time at school I was thinking about Anna Nalick's "Just Breath" Lyrics. She says "Life's like an hour glass glued to the table, no one can find the rewind button." This feels like a great way to end my last blog, music fits every situation in life, no matter what it is, or what you are going through, there is a song for it and it is there to comfort you. Have a good school year to everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment