Monday, September 6, 2010

ouchhh

Three posts today, two tomorrow, this might work out! Probably not though, knowing my luck ;) I have been practicing all day though. I did not think it was possible for calluses to go away, but the ones on my fingertips that i had before did. I can say that because my fingers are in so much pain from playing all day. I memorized the chords that i wanted to before, D7, G7, C, and G. I practiced with different songs thousands of times. "Amazing Grace" is going to be in my family's head for the next couple of days. That song is the only one, besides Yankee Doodle, that I could find that used all the chords that i know. The hardest chord for me is C because your first finger has to be on the first fret, second string. Unfortunately, I have small hands, like I have mentioned before, and since my other fingers have to be in separate frets for that chord, my first finger tends to slide on to the first string giving the chord a springy sound that is unappealing. I also taught myself Am because i wanted to practice a song with that chord in it. The song ended up being too difficult to start off with the Am chord though, so I'm still practicing. Switching my fingers with the chords is getting easier now. What I'm going to do tonight and tomorrow is learn different chords, probably F, D and A, and review the string notes because i have forgotten all but the first two strings. I cannot wait to see my progress throughout my time playing guitar, even past this project, because it is one thing that you know you can always learn something new for. I must say that I do not regret playing all this guitar in one day though. I think that i have come to love playing it. You can't really get bored playing the guitar because the possibilities to what you can create; i find it very amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment