Monday, September 6, 2010
8 DOWN, 0 LEFT!!!
Here goes blog number eight! The blogs have been such a good experience and fun to read about especially when other’s projects are so similar to mine! The only problem I ran into was staying on task! It was so hard to concentrate on my weekly blogs with all the summer ruckus going on around me. I am proud to announce that all my summer homework is 95% done! Both books read, all tweets tweeted, essay completed (just needs revising), almost the whole charts completed besides a couple of blocks and also all of my blogs will be done after this! It’s quite exciting if you think about it. So last weeks game did not go as planned. We lost and I don’t even feel like mentioning the score it was so bad. But that’s the past now, we’re not looking back and have no attention on doing it. Today we had our first practice after two days off and it was a great practice, everybody working hard and perfect football weather. After practice I went to the weight room to test my bench. I set up the weights to my weight and was able to lift it!!! I was so happy that I was actually able to lift my weight and finishing a part of my project with the outcome that I wanted. I’ve been thinking a lot about how my project connects to Kingsolver’s food resolution and have came to a couple conclusions. First of all, our two resolutions were ones of something that we loved to do. Gardening for her and football for me. Doing something that we loved to do just made it that much easier for us. Our resolutions would not be a challenge if it was something we were too accustomed to. Yeah there definitely were times that I had to force myself to get up in the morning to go to practice and I’m guessing Kingsolver had many days where she wanted to just pick up a Twinkie or a Gatorade instead of going out to plant seeds all day. But it’s the thrill of these things that keep us both dedicated. When I’m out playing football, everything around me gets me pumped from everyone in pads, the hitting, even the atmosphere of anything football is what keeps me going. For Kingsolver, she’s been gardening since she was a girl and it’s a passion that she could never let down. Of course only eating homemade and local foods would be an impossible feet for an average American, but it takes someone like Barbara Kingsolver to make the impossible possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment