Monday, September 6, 2010

Post Six!! Nearly Done!!

Yesterday, I found out that the summer work isn't due until Wednesday. This is a great thing, since it means I have time to have some fun today as well, rather than trying to cram two essays into one day. Needless to say, I am quite happy about this. I will, however, end this project today; I don't feel like dragging it out any longer whatsoever.

With all that being said, I've learned that I'm not actually a very good artist. I mean wolves, sure, I can draw those, but when it comes to other things, not so much. In this case, "other things" refers to fluffy cats and Golden Retrievers. And drawing in other styles, actually. Here are the links:

There's Murphy. I can't draw cats very well. I can't draw in a cartoony style very well. I need to work on those two. The hardest part was the face, I think. He just looked odd in every drawing to me. His eyes were especially difficult, since I can't figure out how to make him look in the right direction. I tried to draw him looking down and he looks like he's looking at you. Critique: "needs work".


There's Buddy. Drawing the Golden Retriever's droopy mouth is a lot harder than I originally thought, and I couldn't get his expression right. He's a really sweet dog, but I just couldn't get that in there, which is a pretty big disappointment.

With these two being done, my biggest challenge is yet to come. I have drawn horses before, but none with any valor. Drawing only the most generic steed, I'd never focused on one breed. Dropping the rhymes, I pretty much need to draw Rachael's horse, Stormy, and write up the essay concerning Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. Drawing Stormy should be interesting, since I haven't drawn a horse since eighth grade. Hopefully I can do him justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment