Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Guitar: Love hate relationship :)

I woke up at 6:30 this morning to do a workout, after i got ready for school (really early, i know) and went straight to the guitar after. It was an automatic action, which i found weird after i realized i was playing the guitar. I was nervous for school this morning and didn't get much sleep last night, and i think that the guitar calmed me down. I know that i have mentioned how relaxing playing the guitar is, I just thought i should give an example that shows how i know what i'm talking about. I said in my last post that i would practice more chords, but i didn't this morning. I reviewed my regular string notes and the chords that I have been practicing instead. I'm trying to perfect six chords so i will practice the other chords later and then blog about it. Hopefully, by that time my fingers will not hurt as much as they do now. I exceeded my guitar playing limit this morning and now my fingers are all tingly and painful;even typing this hurts. If i thought my fingers hurt before, i just proved myself wrong. When playing an instrument you really do have to take breaks when trying to play all day. In order to take breaks, you must make time to play first. This might seem obvious but alot of people start playing their instruments and don't complete a full practice (30min-1hour) because they did not plan it out. Playing a guitar takes time to get used to, even if you have played for a long time; you must take time out of your day and put it aside specially for practice. I did that this morning. Since I know that i have to go to school today, i woke up really early and created time for guitar. People are always complaining about how they don't have enough time; you really have all the time in the world, usually we just don't use it correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment