Monday, September 6, 2010

POST EIGHT!

Now that I am finally done with my scrapbook and have read both books, completed the chart analysis and started my compare/contrast paper for the essays, this is all I have left to do. This is my final blog; the blog that I compare my project to Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. My comparison is really simple. In Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, the woman sets off an what seems to be an impossible journey (at least in today's view), and takes her husband and two girls to two complete different places and they plan to change almost everything about the "traditional" eating habits. They plan to eat only food that they grew themselves, or locally grown food. Everything else that wasn't in that category was simply thrown out of their lives. What she and her family did are similar what I chose to do this summer, but in completely different ways. What they love doing is eating healthy, home harvested food and to avoid anything that wasn't. What I love to do is document my activities, especially the ones important to me. This is the reason I chose to do a scrapbook. What simpler way could I document my summer festivities in an organized fashion better than a scrapbook? No other options came to mind. My goal is completed, and I'm happy that I chose to do this, not only because it gave me time to enjoy my summer, but now in a few weeks when I forget what I did over the summer, I can go back and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment