Hey everyone!!! Oh gosh... school is in three days. UGHHH. REALLY? Where did summer go? I swear I always get to the end of summer wondering what the heck happened. Anyways. The guitar is coming along awesome!!! Even though today I took about half an hour searching for a youtube video with a song that I can actually learn. The "beginner" videos of guitar on youtube are actually more like intermediate in my book. But, alas, I finally found a decent video! So now I am currently working on "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz, my FIRST REAL SONG! Okay, so right now, it doesnt exactly sound like a real song. I went downstairs, shouting "MOM!!! LISTEN TO THIS!" I showed her what I've got so far for that song and she gave me a blank stare. It was discouraging. But that's okay!!! I know I at least hear a tune, it's just, well, really slow! Let me give you the lowdown on how to play the beginning part of "I'm Yours" (because that's all I've got so far. )
1. You start out with your third and fourth fingers on string one and two of the seventh fret. Strum once.
2. Move those same finger positions to the ninth fret. (I only play the first string because that's how the song sounds like to me.) Play that first string once.
3. Move back to string one and two on the seventh fret. Play once.
4. Pause, then play this same chord again.
5. Repeat step two.
6. Now it gets just a wee bit tricker: Put your third finger on the sixth fret of the first string. Put your fourth finger on the seventh fret of the second string. Strum once.
And that's all I've got so far, because I'm trying to actually play it so it sounds like the song before I move on to the next part. The part that I just showed you guys is the very beginning part, right before he starts with, "Wellll a-you..." and you guys know the rest, I'm sure. That song was played fifty billion times on the radio about two years ago; if you don't know most of the words you've been living under a rock! Which is why I'm so excited to learn this song, because basically everybody knows it.
I'll be back soon with my seventh post, haha! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment