Hello 8th and final blog! I finished my car wash on Sunday, August 29th. I had to reinvent my project (if you didn't read number seven, I turned it into a car wash for solider's feet. They protect our lives. When a solider dies, they respect the other and know not to step on graves.)
So, if you know me, I'm not a really stand up for what I believe in person. I'll get walked all over, stand back up to get called stupid then try to help them out. I HATE fights, I HATE rude people and most of all I HATE setting something up and running it. So when I realized that the super starters kids needed my help and I could work this to become a new project, I accepted it. Barbara Kingsolver did her year long experiment, not completely believing that they could muscle through it. I was the same way. She was nervous but with her family as a support group she completed her crazy goal.
I showed up at church at 11, and started setting up. Two hours, I thought, would be enough. It wasn’t! I had to take care of some people at church then find a few things. Around 12:30 kids, along with supportive and some not-so-supportive parents began showing up. I had to hurry. Then cars were pulling in, 15 minutes before we had planned to start. It turned into chaos when parents who think that it was now their responsibility to turn it into a Nazi camp.
I was supposed to have kids from 5-7th grade but we had such a turn out! There had to be at least twenty “Super Starters” (5th-7th grade), 12 adults (Nazi and un-Nazi ones) and 10 youngsters. One of my favorites really had to be Deccan, he’ll be starting kindergarten this year and was excited to wash every car. He’d get so excited that he would start to re-wash cars. It was truly excited to get so much done.
I wish my original project of making the graves beautiful could have happened but it didn’t, I cannot sweat it. I wanted to help some people this summer and I did. I think I accomplished my project.
No comments:
Post a Comment