I wanted to post a blog reviewing my project overall. Though I know it's kind of obvious that I haven't succeeded I'd like to review for at least, my own purposes. I figured that the second to last day of summer vacation would be a good time to do this.
---------
Exercise
---------
As far as exercise goes, I had my ups and downs. I had a few weeks where I was running everyday and going to the gym. During those weeks, while I was exercising sometimes I really didn't want to keep going. After exercising I found that I was in a good mood and felt pretty good. Other weeks, I would run maybe once, or not at all. During those weeks, I was usually just sitting at home with nothing to do. Now that I look back at that, I think going for a run would have been a nice way to get out of the house. I guess there's no going back and changing that now but for future reference that might be something to consider. In the exercise portion of my project, I could have done a lot better.
---------
Diet
---------
I didn't do terribly on the diet portion of my project. I made a lot of better choices when it came to snacks and also ate quite a bit less than usual. I found myself asking myself, am I actually hungry or am I just looking for something to do? It is a very helpful question to ask yourself when you are trying to cut down eating. I could have cut down more, but I think I took a good step in making my diet more healthy.
---------
Overall
---------
My project as a whole was unsuccessful but I did learn a few lessons. I learned what exercises make me work hard, that I actually enjoy. I learned it's a lot easier to make healthy snack choices. I also learned that my will power isn't as strong as I thought. Making myself do things is pretty hard, but if I push myself I think I can reach my goal. I am a very determined person and I never give up. If I build my will power and combine it with what I already have I think I can really get myself to do good things. My project made me really start thinking about being healthy more and it's moved up on my list of things I want to improve in myself. So all in all, my project didn't turn out like I planned but I did learn some valuable lessons.
No comments:
Post a Comment