From the beginning of the summer I knew exactly what I wanted my project to be about. I wanted to do something for others, and get get into working with horses again. I knew OATS was the perfect place and using it for my summer project was just the boost that i needed to get going :). Worrying about what to do my project on was never an issue for me. The issue was how I was going to start the project and what would happen.
My project ties into Kingsolver's book because we both took on a project/idea that we were passionate about. Did we know how things would turn out? no. But we went out and accomplished what we wanted. As Kingsolver got adapted to her new lifestyle she kept getting knew ideas and trying new things. Like Kingsolver my original project led me back to the joy of riding horses. The endings of our projects were also similar. She wanted a more healthy way to live, so she decided to take charge and cut out processed food. In the end it made her and her family stronger, and inspired other people. It is the end of summer and I feel stronger as well. Helping others definately makes people stronger and better.
Working at OATS this summer has been a blessing. Spending time with the smily children can make a persons day. I hope I brought smiles to kids. Even if it was only one child that I helped make a difference in is great. I wanted to give them joy, and in the end they brought it to me as well. These kids taught me to keep hope, and never give up one anyone. I am so glad that this project is not ending with the summer, because I will keep volunteering at OATS as long as I can :)
No comments:
Post a Comment