Monday, September 6, 2010

Seven seven sevennnnnnn

Hey Guys,
All because I suck at life, I have to do two blog posts in one day! Not so much fun. Hey, but it least it's better late than never. So I tried to call Susan G. Komen today to see if they received the money, but its a holiday so they weren't open ): I am anxious to see if they got it, and I can't wait to see how they react to it. I know a lot of people do stuff for them like that all the time, I would just love to see the gratitude. I look back at the car wash, before I had it and back then I saw it more of just something I had to do. But, when I look back on when the car wash was actually happening, it was not just something I had to do for a summer language arts project it was way more than that. The looks on some of the people's faces, showed it all. I had a conversation with one lady who seemed very thankful that teenagers could organize something like this. Sure, we had some people who stopped by that really just needed there car wash, and didn't really support the cure. Well, at least there money still went to the cause. There was another lady who was in the back seat of a car we were washing, and after we were done, she thanked us and said "I am a breast cancer survivor." At that moment that is when it sunk in that I could actually make a difference. Overall, it was a great experience and I would not change it for the world.
Thanks(:

No comments:

Post a Comment