Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sax Adventure

Wow umm ok so I’m truly behind on this whole summer assignment and I feel really bad about it because this is not how I want to start out my school year. Procrastinating even before school actually starts. Good news being that I’m going to finish this week all four blogs. I’m pretty much done with reading the book and I’m still working on those essays.

I’ve been reading the assigned book and it has been a really interesting journey hah. I’m not quite sure how I’m going to compare it to my actual project because they are two totally different concepts. I’ll definitely be able to contrast them easily though.

About my actual project, its hit a dead end I think. I took my saxophone to mexico but we were only there for about 2 weeks or a week and a half and I was a bit more preoccupied with going to the beaches and visiting the family than I was worrying about my LA project.

It’s not as though I’ve totally dropped the idea of playing my saxophone. I practice new improv lines a lot during my free time. I wish I had more time and more motivation and more confidance to follow through with this. I feel regretful about the project I chose. I wish I had gone with something that involved less public performing.

I went with my dad earlier in the summer to ask the flea market owner if I could play there and my dad did most of the talking because for some reason I was embarrassed to ask. Maybe I’ll try this again in a few years because I am still interested to see how it would play out performing out in public to make a few bucks.

Well this is my 5th blog and I’ll probably do 6 and seven this weekend and the complete number 8 the day before school to sum up my entire experience this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment