As we all know school starts tomorrow. With that in mind, this summer project is almost over, and I'm very happy. Okay, here it goes for my last blog!
In the novel Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, Kingsolver makes a decision that changed her lifestyle in a drastic way. When it was decided that her and her family would only eat fresh produce grown by themselves for a year, things obviously were altered when it came to their daily routine.
In contrast, my summer project did not drastically change my lifestyle. Considering that I only did this project for two short months, my daily rĂ©gime could not have been changed too much. I only recorded what I did every day, so I just went on like I do on a normal day, just with a camera in hand. I’ll admit I did not enjoy the constant stares as I would walk around in public occasionally talking to a pink polka-dotted Fuji-film. I had to realize that it didn’t matter. I had to stop wondering about what other people were thinking about the crazy girl talking to the camera. It was for a school project and I couldn’t let something like that get in my way.
Kingsolver just had to come to grasp that even though the government has a food pyramid and wants everyone to lead healthy lifestyles, that can’t always be the case. The foods they expect us to buy in grocery stores are not always what it seems and it’s just better to actually know what you’re eating.
On the other hand, bot Kingsolver and I kind of had an epic journey in a sense. Her “mission” was obviously something far more demanding to accomplish, but it still shows that if you put your mind to something, you can do it. Believe it or not, I have actually wanted to document my daily life on video for quite some time. Like I’ve mentioned before though, only this project actually gave me the motivation to execute it.
Kingsolver basically was doing something she was quite passionate about. My life is obviously quite important to me, so those things connect somewhat.
It seems like I’m babbling, but I’m just trying to my best to wedge out something of Kingsolver’s that relates to this summer task. In all honesty, other than some of the things mentioned, we really don’t connect too much. Both of our developments were time consuming, but Kingsolver’s required more attention. Nothing more I can say.
I think I actually really enjoyed blogging this summer. I don’t have much left to do. Thanks and good luck to everyone as they finish up. :)
Sayounara is Japanese. Adios is Spanish. xD
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on finishing the project, though! :D Not much seems to connect to Kingsolver for any of us, I don't think. (Except the diet-related projects!)