Sunday, September 5, 2010

The 8th blog, it has been nice.

So for the last couple weeks I've been thinking of how my project ties in with the Animal, Vegatable, Miracle book and I've come to realise there are many connections. The main similarity I found was we both decided to go back to basics; the roots. The difference is I went back to my roots with my family in a journey of self discovery and Kingsolver went back to the roots in the ground on a different sort of journey. I felt disconnected from my own kin, the history that created me and made possible the life I know. She also felt disconnected from a processes she thought should be something close to home.

Along the way of both our projects we had struggles, didn't stick to our personal goals as close as we sometimes wished, but in the end were happy with the result and changed for the better. One initial difference between us was she had a set goal and guidelines to go with it that I never created for my own project. The outcomes don't have such a large difference that it's worrisome but it tought me a good lesson that next time I should be better organized and realise things are going to come up at work and in my own personal life.

On a seperate note, I've been trying to figure out the best way of getting all the pictures I took from my computer to Mr. Wilson without killing my printer and a bunch of trees along the way. First I tried putting them in a document and then transferring them to word so I could try saving them in a CD but my computer dicided that was a dumb idea. Then I thought I would put it on one of those little memery clips, but I don't have one and have no idea how to use them if I did have one. So now I do believe the best way to do this is via email. I could just send an attachment, but I'm going to wait until tuesday and get some professional help (aka Mr. Wilson) to see what would be easiest in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment