I’m so excited that I only have one more blog left! It’s amazing how fast the days are going by now, I really didn’t realize that time went by so fast. I only have a few more short stories to read from the In Fact book and my charts are pretty much complete. I started my essay but I haven’t really done anything else with if for awhile. I hope to finish it by tonight as well as my last few short stories. It’s going to be a lot, but this is what I get for procrastinating.
This past Thursday was our first game for poms! Not very many people were there because school hasn’t started and all but it was still exciting and nerve racking. We were all afraid it would start raining again since it had been raining all day before the game. Our coach decided that we would wear our warm ups with tennis shoes for pre-game that we do with the band. Everyone on the team really wanted to wear our uniforms so after pre-game our coach let us change.
Pre-game sure was different, especially since we actually got to perform on the field with the band as well as do little routines instead of doing just the fight song on the side of the track. I think it’s great that Mr. Adkins (band director) let us perform with the band during half time. It gives us more time to dance and show everyone what were there to do and how we support our school.
For half time we performed Holly’s pom routine. At four minutes til half time we all went down to the track to stretch and do our energy circle. During our energy circle we all hold hands and put our right foot in the middle of the circle. Our seniors usually give a little speech like “Don’t be nervous, you’ll do great. Remember to smile and have fun!” then we all take a deep breath and exhale as we all lean into circle. Sorry it’s kind of hard to explain haha.
Once we all cheered on I knew that it was going to be good. I wasn’t really paying attention to the crowd but I did hear them cheer once we were doing kick line and I got the best feeling! After we cheered off everyone was excited. We all had huge smile on our faces! We couldn’t wait to hear what our coaches and friends would say about our performance. Once our coach came down and met us she was so happy!
It definitely was a great way to start out our season. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment