YAY! Almost finished, this is my second to last post; the last one being about the guitar. I hear that the eight post is an essay on Animal, Vegetable, Miracle which I finished awhile back, so hopefully that one won't be hard!
Anyways, I posted my sixth post earlier today and I was attempting to learn the beginning part of "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. The part before he starts singing. Yes, yes, I know, it sounds like it should be really simple and easy to learn. But, trust me, it's not! I've been working on it for about an hour now and it's pretty hard. On the last post I ran through what to do, and I think I posted about six steps or somewhere around there. I went back to the original video that I've been watching (the tutorial on the song) and I've been continuously pausing, rewinding, and replaying! I've sort of got it down; but... not really. I'll have to keep working on that. I have a few more steps that I learned, just adding another finger and moving up two frets, but the quickness factor is the problem for me. By that, I mean how fast I move my fingers up and down the guitar neck. The notes come pretty fast; it's not a slow song as I'm sure you know. I just have an issue with transferring my hand up and down the guitar neck. As they say, though, practice makes perfect! I'll have to keep trying. Another obstacle is the guitar making a buzzing noise, or sometimes it sounds a little muted instead of ringing out a clear and crisp chord. The advice on the videos are to make sure each finger is not touching the string above or below the one that it is pressing. I'm still working on that.
Also, I got bored with "I'm Yours". I'm still going to work on it, but I thought I'd take a break from that song and attempt to learn a different one! Short attention span? Maybe. Haha. I found a really awesome video though. It's a tutorial of a simplified version of Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" on the guitar!!! I'm currently in progress with that. Who DOESN'T love that song? Come on now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment