There we go. I've gotten the first set of drawings done, and I think they look alright if I may say so. The hardest part about drawing Jitter was getting everything into proportion, as I don't have much experience with drawing eyes. Or specific breeds of dogs, for that matter. Typically, I'll draw a generic Spitz type dog or a lupine animal similar to a timber wolf, and won't bother drawing the eyes since the rest of it came out just how I wanted it to. In any case, the first drawing was by far the most disproportionate, and I think it got better from there on out. Fur is also difficult at times. The pictures are a bit blurry in full view, due to my camera not liking my drawings, but they should still give you an idea of the progress I made between the few drawings that are there. Any pixelation would be the work of my photo-editing program. The only editing in these, though, would be a change in brightness, contrast, and color balance. I put them into a monochrome because I felt the details would be easier to see in black and white, and that's how it was originally drawn.
The next drawing will be of Elyse's cat, Murphy. I've found that I am not very good at drawing cats whatsoever. We'll see how this goes. It does feel a little bit like cheating to draw them in revers order like this, but it's a lot easier to work up to the hardest drawing, rather than to start there and go back to what I'm used to. The drawings of Murphy and Stormy will be up tomorrow, hopefully followed shortly by the final interview and the Animal, Vegetable, Miracle essay. Ciao for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment