Friday, September 3, 2010

trutl; Number 6. Stress D:

I'm completely stressed out that I'm only on my 6th post with only less than a week til school starts! D: Erghh but I suppose I'll get used to it.
Recently I've started doing some more artwork. I guess doing Josh's book has inspired me. Plus, he's been encouraging me a lot to do more collaging and all, so I guess I'm trying. Today, I learned about a process called photo transferring. It's a pretty common process in collaging, so I figured I'd try it. It's mostly used for like, layering or embellishing pictures. It's hard to explain, but the effect is very cool. You take the image, lift it off the original surface, and put it on the surface you want... get it? ;P
First, you get the image you want to transfer. Put packaging tape over the part you want transferred. Then you soak the taped image in warm water. Afterwards, you rub the back side under water until only the tape remains. Then you dry it, and it'll be the image! Except it's got this transparent quality to it.
It sounds really dumb, but it's fun. :3 I'm looking forward to experimenting with it more.
Enjoy the rest of your summer! See you in school kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment