Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Post 5! I'm getting better!

When summer started I was finding it really difficult to find time to post all of these blogs and do all of my other stuff too, but now I am working under pressure against the clock so i don't have a choice. I guess some people are procrastinators and never get anything done, but others just work better under pressure :). The next few days are dedicated to this project only! I need to finish both books, that should take about three days, one day for the essay and a little bit of the chart every day. So at least I have a plan.
Yesterday I got an hour of piano in, but no voice. I have a sore throat and currently no voice to sing with ha ha. I do have a doctors appointment to find out whats wrong, though I'm convinced its just allergies. But I don't think my voice teacher will mind a little less practice time, especially since I wont have a lesson Friday. I have church on Sunday, so I will be picking out my solo piece, that wont be hard... Next Monday I have my last piano lesson of the summer, and I will be changing days, I cant go to piano lessons at 8:00 in the morning when school is in! So I'm excited to find out my new schedule. It should be interesting with school starting, I cant say that i will have very much free time, not that I do anyway. The pieces I am playing on the piano are very pretty but they aren't my thing. I discovered I am more of a romantic classical player, one of my favorite artists is Felix Mendelssohn. A couple years ago I played a piece by him called Venation Boat Song number one, it still is my favorite piece to play. The piece is slow and mysterious then it gets fast and trills and certain points. It flows amazingly every time I play I catch myself holding my breath at the very intense parts!
Holding my breath is just a habit, I wouldn't say that it is good or bad, it just happens when i get really into what I am playing. Especially when I am up in front of a bunch of people and my hands are shaking, I'm sweating, just basically about to pass out, then I start playing and forget about everything around me and start doing everything I do when I practice. I have an anxiety disorder, I have panic attacks out of the blue, more often it is triggered by nervousness, like being in large crowds of people, or performing for a lot of people. I guess you could say that getting up in front of everybody helps me immensely to overcome my anxiety.
Anyway, wish my luck! Good luck to everybody finishing up your projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment