Monday, September 6, 2010

Finally Finished. (AM)

So, I just finished putting my scrapbook together and i am so proud of it. I wouldn't even let my mom touch it until i had a chance to run through it one more time.
Now i have to finish up everything else... this is my last blog and thats one less thing i have to worry about.
Tomorrow is going to be so overwhelming, but i am so excited to start school. I just wish i had another week of summer to enjoy, everything has to end at some point though, right?
My scrapbook has a total of (oddly perfect) one hundred pictures.
I am in a total of thirty two of those one hundred pictures.
That means that sixty eight photos, sixty eight percent of the pictures in my scrapbook are of everyone else who effected my summer.
I would like to say a giant thank you to every one who helped me make this project what it is.
I know that sixty eight percent doesn't seem like a lot considering its only a very high D, but it means a lot to me.
I couldn't have done it all by myself.
No one would want to see a hundred pictures of just me.
That would be a little weird if you did.
Now, I dont know if all of you will get the chance to read through my scrapbook, but I sort of wish you could.
A lot of my scrapbook is inside jokes, or personal stuff, but I'm just so proud to say that I put the entire thing together.
I was the person who used a full four ounce jar of rubber cement.
I am the girl who cut every single stupid paragraph out to glue onto the pages.
So, I guess you could say I'm a little protective of it.
I'm also really excited that this is my last blog.
And that is why my writing is all colorful.

Ok, now I have to get to the part that actually matters:

So now that I have completely finished my project, and I have had time to think it over, I have to say that I only found a few similarities between the project of the Kingsolver family, and mine. One of the major ones being that both of our journeys were very--colorful. Both of our journeys had their exciting moments, mine being when I know I'm about to get amazing shots, hers being the days she got new seeds to plant, or new animals to raise. But they could also be very depressing. The Kingsolvers' depressing moments were when she told us about where our food comes from, how far its traveled before it reached us, and what its doing to Americans.
Although my depression was caused by something much more easily fixed: dead batteries. Both of us had many humorous details also, like Barbara's recipe for mayonnaise that she got from her high school French class. And also like my crazy friends who pose every time there is a camera present. Even though the Kingsolvers' journey was on a much larger scale than mine was, considering I didn't travel across the country to learn how to appreciate the things that I have, they are similar in those ways. The Kingsolvers' project is more geared towards the people who do the grocery shopping in their household, which is usually adults, where as mine is more for people around my age, who are trying to find out where they fit in the world and who they can trust. Barbara Kingsolver may not be able to get everyone to become one of her "locavores" (local food only eaters) but I hope to make everyone realize that they need to appreciate what they have around them, and in their lives, because what will happen when you don't have all that?

No comments:

Post a Comment