I started this project with a horse, and I'm going to end it the same way. Here are the drawings I've just completed of Stormy, the Anglo-Arabian:
As stated in the post on k9soapbox, I really like how my very first sketch turned out. From there, it seemed to go downhill, until the final drawing. I'm very satisfied with how his legs ended up looking, but I can't shake the feeling that there's something wrong with his neck. Is it too short, or too wide? Could it be too long? Does his head need to be further up? Should it be lowered? I really don't know, even after redrawing it many times. Hopefully the shading keeps it from looking too awkward, because I really do like the way Stormy looks, and I wanted to capture at least a little of that.
I've learned a few things from this project, mainly that prowess in any skill comes only with practice. Having drawn wolves all my life, I've gotten pretty good at it. That doesn't make me good at drawing animals in general, however, as I haven't practiced with many other species. The second thing would be simply that in order to be motivated to do something, you either have to really love it, or be coming up to a deadline. Or maybe that's just me. Doing the same thing over and over also gets tedious very quickly, and I noticed that my interview and research quality suffered because of this.
All that's left to do now is to write the essay comparing Kingsolver's project with my own. After that, I'll be glad to be free, mostly, from summer homework. I can't wait for school to start, though, because I'm excited to see my friends and meet new people, but I definitely won't mind if we don't get homework for a while. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment