Saturday, July 17, 2010
1st post
My third week of working on my project was completed today. This is my first post because i was very busy and couldn't figure out this whole blogging thing. Anyways, my project is working out with my mom for eight weeks (three days per week). I chose three days because my mother is not available for most days because of work. In the beginning, my idea was to have a different exercise every week. This week i had to use my workout plans from last week because i was dog sitting for family friends and forgot to bring the notebook that explains each week's plans. I plan to continue with changing my exercises every week starting again this upcoming week. My goal for the end of the eight weeks is to be in better shape for track. I also took measurements before starting the project and will reveal the differences on the eighth week. Along the way i will also be posting the differences i find in my working out compared to my mom working out. Other differences in which would be unexpected will also be included. A barrier that i must overcome during this project is my work induced asthma. It has been a problem during the track season and I am planning to learn how to workout without letting it hold me back. My first week was rather difficult for me because i haven't worked out since track season. I realized how much stronger my mom is than me too! Before i hadn't thought that my mom would be so strong because she has scoliosis so it holds her back from doing a lot of things. She is not only physically strong but she is psychologically strong because she did every part of the workout that i did and even better by thinking of her goal. During week one i had worked out before eating breakfast. In week two I realized that eating breakfast gave me more energy to do the workouts correctly. So if you plan on working out, it is important to eat before and drink water during. I think that week three was easiest because I got used to the workout in week two. Having the same workout every week is easier to do because it's more likely to become a routine. This is why i chose to the different workouts; the variety makes the project more of a challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment