I have been reading about everyones projects, and they are all wonderful! I truly am exited to find out how they all turn out, but I will be limited to how much I learn because I will never see all of this in person. I would like to propose a picnic this summer where we can share our progress in person. We can meet at a park, preferably in mid august, and I will provide food from my own project. Many of you have been working out and trying for a healthier lifestyle, so is time to pull out the "before and after" pictures and show us how many pushups you are capable of! For those of you who are working on your musical skills, bring your instruments and serenade us! For those who are working for charities, we all want to help you, bring a collection box and we can donate! And for those with crafts, lets let people see your work, and sell some if you have buyers!
Blogging about what we are up to can only show so much of what is really happening. No matter how much I describe what my desserts taste like, you are not going to actually taste them. This disappoints me, I like to show off and share my work. And I want to SEE exactly what you are all doing, I want to turn the pages of your books and hold your artwork in my hands. I want to hear your music in person, I want to see you healthy and strong.
I have asked Mr. Wilson for permission, and he has given us the green light. I need to know, are you interested? Are you willing to come with a half finished project, an instrument, or just an enthusiasm for our classmates work? Will you work with me to plan a party that will show off ourselves' and our friend's hard work? Tell me if I have your support, or this plan is going in the trash!!
I need to see all of us supporting each other, this is going to be a horrible class if we don't have our friends at our back. I personally am very scared that I won't be able to pass with a good grade, and if anyone feels the same as me, we need to stick together. Please. I need to know that you want me to succeed as much as I want all of you too. Good Luck with all of your projects, I truly hope that you have a wonderful summer. Love, Ocean Pappas.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat would be fun! It may be hard to contact the entire class about it because not everyone will have access to a computer the entire summer. Its worth a shot spreading the idea, though. :D
ReplyDeleteI love this idea! It would be a great way to see whats going on in all of the projects instead of just reading text online. Great idea, I'm all for it. : )
ReplyDeleteThis sounds awesome! I'll do what I can to spread the word, especially if you have an idea of a date, time, or place! I'd definitely LOVE to see this happen, Ocean! :D
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! I'm glad I'm not the only one exited about this. If I can get about ten positive comments here I'll set up a chat room on wiggio so we can plan when and where this will be!
ReplyDeleteThats such a good idea! I will definetly be there if it works out!
ReplyDeleteI like.
ReplyDeleteI loce the idea of seeing all of our classmates before the summer's out. May I suggest a destination? Pontiac Lake. It could be a beach partyyy! Swimming, playing in the sand, swapping tales of epic battles with our projects...ahh...wonderful. :)
ReplyDeleteKim, that is a great idea! I have a couple of places in mind, I will add that to the list. just one concern, do you think that some of the more delicate projects would get damaged by the sand and water? thanks for the help though!
ReplyDeleteFor everyone, we need to be sure to get a hold of those who won't have computer access this summer, they are the ones who won't be able to read all of our blogs and post their own. Thank you for pointing that out to me.
Cool idea,I don't have much going on this summer and it is a good way to know our class better before we even start school.Let me know when and where it is when you make your decision about that.
ReplyDeletePS:When I tried the chat on wiggio,it said it was over.
I like this idea a lot, I don't really know many of the people who will be in this class so i'ts a good opportunity to meet many of them too!
ReplyDeleteIf there's any supply stuff we'll need (plates, etc) I'd be happy to help purchase some. Just let me know:]