Thursday, July 22, 2010

Post 3

Ok where do I begin?!?! Well for starts I have no energy because my day was insane. I woke up at 7 o'clock to get ready for basketball at 8 (which is horrible because it is summer). I had a 2 hour practice which involved a number of drills and a lot of running, oh I also forgot the worst part, conditioning! So since my project is about jump training ill get on with the good stuff. After basketball I had a couple hours of down time before jump training at 3. At 3 I arrived at Kroger with my trainer to go over nutrition. We walked up and down the aisles and discussed some of the foods I need to eat to keep my energy level up throughout the day. I learned a lot of quick meals that I can easily make and that are very healthy. After Kroger it was back to the gym. I had a simple warm up of jumping rope and some time on the treadmill, then it was on to the hard stuff. The boxes were all set up and I knew I had my work cut out for today. I started doing circuits that rotated from doing some type of box jump, to some footwork on the ladder. I was sweating profusely and the lactic acid in my legs was burning, this was just the beginning. Next, we moved into the weight room. I dead lifted, squatted, shoulder pressed, worked out my abs, and did some push-ups (on an exercise ball). When I finished my whole day's work out finally caught up with me and I started to feel like jello, which isn't a fantastic feeling. To finish things up I stretched for a few minutes and got my homework. I have to do 2 workouts on my own before I go back again next Thursday. I feel like today was very successful and I just can't wait to start seeing results!
Hope everyone is having a good summer, enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment