Hey everyone! This past week I have done a few things contributing to my project. My main goal was to adopt a soldier to email and write letters to which i have successfully done as of today. It was pretty difficult to find a reliable website and organization that gives addresses of soldiers overseas, but I found a website caled "adopt a soldier" and I beleive it will work out. I receieved her name, address, and email today which I was extremely excited about. Tonight I'm going to email her and hopefully I'll get a response before my next blog. I am also going to send thank you letters to an organization called "Operation: Thank You" which sends them to deserving soldiers without giving out their personal information.
Another part of my project that I did this past week was in welcoming a youth group from Gastonia, North Carolina that is going to be staying at my church (Community Presbyterian Church) while doing mission work in Pontiac. We greeted them last night with banana splits and helped them unload their luggage and get settled in. I am not sure of the specific mission projects that they're doing, but I am going to try and go with them a couple of days and help out. It was really cool talking to some of them and how excited they were to be in our small township of Waterford. There are around 30 kids and 10 adults who all traveled 14 hours to do mission work to help other people, which I think is pretty impressive.
This week I am going to email and write to the soldier to thank her for everything that she has done for our country. I will also be volunteering at my church's vacation bible school program a couple of days this week. My major goal for this project is to brighten people's days in any way that I can. Whether it be by mission work, volunteering to help with kids, or just a smile as I pass someone in the store. If anyone knows any other volunteer work that I could do, please let me know! I'm always looking to help.
No comments:
Post a Comment