Friday, July 23, 2010

Building Bridges

I have not accomplished everything I've wanted to this week. I did begin writing like I had planned, but I didn't get as far as I had hoped. I don't want to say I have writer's block just because I hate to admit it, but for now I'm figuring out the best way to build a figuritive bridge from one part of the story to another. Unfortunately, this bridge isn't far from the beginning so I'm stuck with a river in front of me and no way to get across. I just need to think a little bit more about it and see what strings I can pull. We shall see how that goes. Life likes to work the most time consuming parts into my busiest weeks. It thinks it has a sense of humor, but I'm not laughing. Anyway, this week's blog is going to be short and sweet just because there's nothing new and I don't have a lot to say. My thinking can be better used elsewhere at this point in time. I don't want to explain what I've written or have it open to the public because even though it's a work in progress and I'm supposed to be sharing, it's not editted or even finalized yet. All I will say is that Lilly is dealing with her fears and beginning to learn how to handle things on her own in her own way ... this will eventually lead to a later portion in the story, but I'm not there yet. Oh, I suppose I could also briefly mention that I've taken a few photos to use as my illustrations. I know it's not my designated week to do that part yet, but the oppurtunity came and I decided to jump on it so that's what I did. I hope everyone's projects are going well and that you're enjoying your summer. Until next week ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment