I have discovered that if you hold up a camera in front of a group of two people, a million more just seem to show up right before the shutter snaps. It makes for excellent photos. Especially when I manage to take an amazing action shot, and I had lots of practice at rehearsal these past few days. Being natural performers, my friends loved to be photographed and even made up a few poses before I had even asked. Seeing things through the camera is so much different than what I am used to. I can see the same dances over and over again, but when I see them through the eyes of a photographer, new things seem to come out. I love it!
I am having so much fun with this project, but I am a little worried about putting it together. I am no poet but I need cute little sayings to put in my scrapbook. I really don't want to just look up a bunch of quotes on the internet, it feels to cliche to me. "Fun in the sun!!!" No thank you. So I will have to come up with something. But things are going well, and it will continue as long as I remember batteries. And not to go to CVS five minutes before they close only to get a very angry worker give me an attitude.
I am still learning how to take action shots, it would be a very handy skill to have when I am at dance. But I have included a few of some of the girls at my studio. No, none of these are of me. I dance at The Dance Shoppe, these are our three graduated seniors in their solos, pictured below. I have more like these and a lot more that are very blurry and/or not taken at the right time... I am still learning as I said.
Jamie
Do you like these? Maybe I'll post more in the future. I hope everyone's projects are going well and people are having fun with it also. I'll talk to you all again in a little over a week! I'll be reading on the plane, has anyone else started reading?
I really need to get the books and start reading, but I have not done that yet. The last picture is beautiful! :)
ReplyDelete